No matter who you are, or how far along you are in your recovery, you will find out that there will always be challenges along the way. These challenges will not only test your sobriety, but also your disposition and inner strength. During these times, you need an extra boost of motivation to keep you going on the right track. While some can find this motivation within themselves, some may still need a little shove in the right direction with some outside help.
Recovery Support Quotes
Below are some inspirational recovery quotes that can help you stay strong and hold on despite the seemingly arduous, uphill journey in your recovery. These quotes can help you to always look at the bright side of life and find that inner strength you know you’ve always had in you.
- “NO ONE is ever too broken, too scarred, or too far-gone to create change. Never stop fighting. Never lose faith.”
- “RECOVERY FROM ADDICTION requires hard work, a proper attitude and learning skills to stay sober, not drinking alcohol or using other drugs. Successful drug recovery or alcohol recovery involves changing attitudes, acquiring knowledge, and developing skills to meet the many challenges of sobriety.” – Dennis Daley
- “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” – J.K. Rowling
- “Don’t be ashamed of your story; it will inspire others.”
- “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”
- “Every SAINT has a past and every SINNER has a future.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Every great tragedy forms a fertile soil in which a great recovery can take root and blossom…but only if you plant the seeds.” – Steve Maraboll
- “Remember…you are the most important person in your recovery.”
- “Recovery is a process. It takes time. It takes patience. It takes everything you’ve got.”
- “What you deny or ignore, you DELAY. What you accept and face, you CONQUER.”
- “Sobriety is achieved when you get to the bottom of WHY you drink–not just quitting.”
- “If you only walk on sunny days, you’ll never reach your destination.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Every new day is another chance to change your life.”
- “You don’t feel powerless when addicted because you have none. In reality, you feel powerless because you gave it away! Take it back and you’ll find the right track.” – David Roppo
- “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.”
- “It’s not how far you fall down, but how high you bounce that counts.” – Zig Ziglar
These are just a few inspirational quotes that tell you that there is hope and that the struggle is going to be worth it in the end. When you have commitment and when you have hope, anything is possible. Just don’t give up.
By keeping these quotes in mind or maybe by choosing one as your mantra, then it becomes so much easier for you to face every day and overcome any struggle.
If you are now in a dark place and you feel down, know that there are people who have been in your place and was able to still push through and succeed. You can do it too. We’re also here to help you out.